What this policy covers
The following explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you whilst:
- in contract with Recolight for WEEE compliance services,
- in contract with Recolight for recycling services,
- providing services to Recolight,
- visiting this website.
It explains how we use the information we collect
- to provide you with the information you require,
- and improve the service we can offer you.
Recolight is committed to protecting and respecting any personal data shared with us.
Information we collect
- On the basis of the consent you have given us, we collect your contact name, address, telephone numbers, inbound voice calls and email addresses
Why we collect this information
- To provide the WEEE compliance, collection and/or recycling services you have requested and that we deliver.
- To provide you with information in relation to those services.
- To comply with our legal obligations under WEEE and other waste legislation.
Who we might share this information with
- If you are a Member, we share this information with the Environment Agency.
- If you are a Collection Point, we share this information with our logistics suppliers to collect your waste.
- If you are a Supplier, we share this information with our Collection Points and with the Environment Agency.
- Our legal advisors where this may be required.
Recolight will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
What we do with your information
- We store it securely in our web-based systems:
- Customer Relationship Management.
- RecoWeb – online booking for collections.
- BlackBox – reporting tool for Producer participants.
- and in our Email system.
How long we keep your information for
- Producer Members – we hold your information for the period of your membership.
- Collection Points – we hold your information for the period of your relationship with Recolight.
- Suppliers – we hold your information for the period of your contract.
- We also keep the information for the current Environment Agency Reporting year, and for a period of 6 Years thereafter for clarification of any potential dispute and compliance with applicable legislation.
On the “Contact Us ” page of the Recolight website we collect personal information from you when you complete the form. By opting in to receive more information on offers and promotions, you will be added to our active customer list. By being on the active customer list you may be contacted occasionally via the website or email for direct marketing purposes. The provision of personal information is entirely voluntary.
Whilst you are browsing this website, a cookie is stored on your computer in order that we can identify your session for measuring visitors to the website. Your web browser destroys this cookie after 20 minutes of inactivity, or when you close the web browser application. At no stage is any personal information stored in a cookie, or any information that would allow us to identify you as an individual.
This website may provide links to a number of external websites. Recolight is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.
How you can access the information we hold
By submitting a Subject Access Request letter to the Data Protection Officer at Recolight. This may be submitted in writing to Recolight, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 0XZ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org