HOW WE RECYCLE
At Recolight, we meet our targets entirely by organising the collection and recycling of waste lighting. That means we offer a free collection and recycling service – an invaluable solution for our Members, their customers, and end users.
Recolight use Approved Authorised Treatment Facilities to recycle waste. This ensures that the waste is treated responsibly, maximising the amount of recycling that can achieved and its impact on the environment.
We have full duty of care traceability – we know exactly where the waste we collect has come from, and how and where it gets recycled.
Recolight Members recognise that WEEE compliance is about more than just ticking a box and are actively committed to protecting the environment.
Working with recycling and logistic operators
- Our recycling and logistics operators are sourced to conform to the relevant statutory requirements of the Regulations and Standards.
- Our purchasing and tendering process specifies the criteria with which potential Operators will have to comply. We seek Operators with the highest quality standards
- Recolight also organise regular, comprehensive audits of our contracted operators to verify compliance with the relevant UK Regulations and Recolight’s own criteria.
- Recolight finance the costs of collection and recycling both from many Local Authority Designated Collection Facilities (Household Waste Recycling Centres) and also Commercial Collection Points.
- Commercial collection points apply to join our collection network and agree to operate according to our standard terms which include health and safety.