Recolight have containers for lamps, batteries, and electrical items
If you collect 1000 lamps every three months, Recolight provide a free container, collection and recycling.
If you collect less than 1000 lamps in three months, you can still benefit from our free collection and recycling by renting a container from us.
The RB19, RC and RPB containers are designed for the storage of waste Gas Discharge Lamps and LEDs included in scope of the WEEE regulations pending collection for recycling.
The RPB can also be used for storage of small electrical items.
- Batteries and lamps must be removed from luminaires and placed in a separate container.
- All containers must be free of packaging.
- Lead time of six to ten working days, so please don’t wait until you can fit no more lamps in.
Have a look at the section on managing your site. Where you’ll find guidance on the correct storage for lamps, luminaires, electricals, and batteries
Recolight RC containers
- For transporting lamps between sites.
- For indoor storage only.
Must be stored on a non-permeable surface and the lid secured.
- Delivered flat packed with instructions for simple assembly.
- Front drop flap for easier user access to the container and to minimise lamp breakage.
- Return collar above the base to increase rigidity of the container, ease transport, collection and stacking.
- Removable tray to ensure encapsulation of the waste and provide secondary bunding.
- The tray is to be fitted on set up and not removed.
- Signage on the outside detailing what the container is for and safety information.
PDF guides to download
Skips for luminaires & street lighting
Skips are provided for
- Large LED luminaire roll out projects
- Street lanterns
Please note, this is a service for Recolight Producer Members’ obligated waste.
The RPB container
For just lamps, but also suitable for small waste electrical items.
The waste must not be mixed and all batteries must be removed and placed in the battery drum.
Please note, the colour of container may vary.
By accepting delivery of the battery container, you hereby acknowledge you have read, understood, and comply with Recolight guidance for handling and storing waste batteries.