EucoLight elects new Board of Directors
The new Board appointed its members to the following roles:
- Mr Hervé Grimaud, Deputy Managing Director of ESR (France) as Chair of EucoLight;
- Mrs Marion Mitsch, Executive Director of UFH Holding GmbH (Austria) as Vice-Chairwoman;
- Mr Stephan Riemann, Managing Director of Lightcyle (Germany) as Treasurer;
- Mr Tomáš Rychetský, Executive Director of Ekolmap s.r.o.(Czech Republic) as Secretary to the Board;
- Mrs Ourania Georgoutsakou, Secretary General of LightingEurope (Belgium) as member of the Board, representing the affiliated members.
Mr Hervé Grimaud, who was EucoLight Chair since 2018, declared “I’m grateful to EucoLight members for their renewed trust, and I look forward to working with the EucoLight Board to achieve a better level playing field for all EucoLight members, allowing them to both embrace the challenges and opportunities of circular economy”.
The new EucoLight Vice-Chairwoman, Mrs Marion Mitsch, stated “I am delighted about my appointment as Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors and appreciate the opportunity to contribute to EucoLight activities”.
– ENDS –
EucoLight is The European association of collection and recycling organisations for WEEE lamps and lighting. On behalf of its 19 members, EucoLight engages with everything related to the WEEE Directive, legislation and standards affecting the collection and recycling of WEEE lighting. EucoLight members collect and recycle, in aggregate, 80 % of the lamps waste collected in the 19 countries in which they operate.
EucoLight is the voice of European WEEE compliance schemes specialised in managing the collection and recycling of WEEE lighting; working to make the circular economy a reality for lighting products.
Founded mid-2015, EucoLight has quickly embarked into constructive dialogue with relevant stakeholders to provide expertise in the field of management and treatment of WEEE lighting and to promote the positive role of Extended Producer Responsibility schemes on the environment and society.