Recycling service for Recolight Producer Members
Recolight operates a unique business model – other schemes do not provide a free recycling service and rely solely on paying a compliance fee for evidence. With our business model your costs are known and we have no hidden charges.
See blog post > the compliance fee and how targets are set
Lamp collection service
- Over 200kgs/approx 1000 x 6’ lamps each quarter – free container, collection and recycling
- One off projects and less than our minimum quantity – lease option for a container, free collection, free recycling
- For smaller quantities we have our open network of wholesalers across the UK.
Our online booking system, Recoweb, has a facility for collection points to complete consignment notes free of charge too. This is available to all registered collection points.
Those taking lamps to an open collection point will need to go to the relevant environment agency website to complete a consignment note to accompany their waste lamps. If they are unable to do this, the collection point may ask for an administration fee to complete on their behalf.
For more information:
- download the Collection Point service brochure for lamps
- and go to our website page outlining our lamp recycling service
Luminaire collection service
The Recolight free luminaire collection service is provided for our Members obligated waste. Requests for collections must come from you, our Members, and not end users. The minimum weight for free collection is 500kgs and it is important for you to advise us of the percentage of metal and plastic.
For smaller amounts of mainly metal luminaires, Members and their customers can use the EMR sites on our website location map, enter your site’s postal code and click on Commercial-EMR Commercial Luminaire Collection Point. It is important that you quote our reference LREC074 on paperwork to avoid any charges.
If you have a relamp project that is in the planning stages, please contact the customer service team who will talk you through the service.