The Recolight waste lamp collection service and how it works
Recolight provide a free collection service for WEEE lamps, we can do this because we operate as a non-profit organisation; funded by our lighting producer members.
We offer a free container, free collection and free recycling if you collect over 1000 lamps each quarter. For smaller quantities and one off projects we offer a lease container, collection and recycling is still free. If you’re a registered Recolight collection point, consignment notes are free too and can be completed through our online booking portal, Recoweb.
We have established a large network of open collection points across the UK. These can be found at Electrical Wholesalers and are listed on our website map. You do need to phone in advance to check they have room in their container and you must take a consignment note with you.
We also provide small containers for you to transport lamps between sites.
More than just lamp recycling
Recolight provide a collection and recycling service for more than lamps – providing you with a complete solution.
- Batteries – small portable
- Electrical waste
Contact Recolight Customer Service Team for prices
email@example.com 020 8253 9750
What you may be charged for
We are passed on charges by our suppliers if you don’t meet the requirements outlined in the Recolight Service Level Agreement.
To keep your service free, follow the Recolight advice for managing your container and site.
Your tick list to avoid charges
- Advise of site restrictions and opening times at time of booking to avoid failed collection charge or excess waiting time.
- Keep your container free from packaging and broken lamps.
- Keep your container on a hard, non-permeable surface to ensure we are able to collect from you.
- Make sure lamps in your container reach the fill line, stack the neatly to avoid low weight charge. An RB19 container can hold up 250kg, which is about 1000 lamps.
- Keep the lid secure when not in use to prevent water entering the container and contaminating your waste lamps.