Defra’s Circular Economy Team, LightingEurope, and Recolight provided an essential introduction to the changes. The webinar was introduced and chaired by Ray Molony.
Sustainability is rapidly moving from “The right thing to do to safeguard our planet” to “A must do to stay in business”. The earlier companies start, the more likely they are to be able to meet/exceed the new requirements.
- Overview of Defra’s strategic aims for a circular economy
James Butterworth, Circular Economy Team, Defra
Matt Stocks, WEEE Regulations, Product Regulation and Producer Responsibility Team Defra
- How EU laws and policies on sustainability are impacting lighting products
Ourania Georgoutsakou, Secretary General, LightingEurope
- Impacts of the Waste Directive, WEEE, waste packaging and battery legislation
Nigel Harvey, CEO Recolight
- Overview of industry initiatives for adopting CE principles
Ray Molony, Independent consultant in the lighting industry
- A Q&A was chaired by Ray Molony