Lighting’s replaceable future | Panel discussion
Luminaire design for a circular economy
Is the return of replaceable light sources, drivers and other components the best route to a Circular Economy in the lighting industry?
In the first Recolight online debate, our panel discussed if interchangeable parts will truly deliver the sustainability gains.
The discussion followed on from the three Lighting & the Circular Economy webinars hosted by Recolight this year. In each webinar we discussed different aspects of the Circular Economy for lighting in which many questions were raised…
- the design of luminaires and lighting equipment,
- the upcoming Eco-design regulations,
- and a sustainable business model for manufacturers in a changing world.
On the panel
- Ray Molony.
- Helen Loomes, Business Development Director, International Sales, TRILUX Lighting Ltd
- Rania Georgoutsakou, Secretary General, LightingEurope
- John Gorse, Technical Solutions Manager, Signify
- Dave Tilley, Independent Business Owner, Lightology
- Kevan Shaw, Design Director, KSLD | EFLA Lighting Design
- Nigel Harvey, CEO, Recolight